Sunday, November 15, 2009

Not what I believe

When looking for what Church you are going to attend, you depend upon the Church's statement of belief. You want to go to a Church that believes what you believe. For us that used to be pretty easy. There was an entire synod (or group of Churches) that believed what we believed.

However, over the past few years our synod has changed. They have passed resolutions that not only aren't what I believe, they quite frankly don't seem to believe what the Bible says is true.

Some of these resolutions don't really seem to have much to do with how I worship and I'm a bit confused as to why the synod felt it was important to make such a resolution on the topic at all. But one very important resolution does affect how I worship.

Based on a very small poll of our Church members it was decided that our Church should do nothing regarding this resolution. Needless to say, my husband and I are quite upset about this, so much so that we won't be allowing our offering to go to the Church synod any longer. So much so that we may be looking for another option for our worship.

I learned that there is another meeting going on right now at our Church asking for the opinions of our Pastors. I'm pretty certain that at least one of our Pastors feels the same as we do and hope that his influence will help with the Church's council. Unfortunately I won't find out until tomorrow if I'm correct in my assumption and how the Church's council felt about it.

1 comment:

  1. This is why I haven't been to church (other than Christmas/Easter) for 2 years.

    I do need to find one, but either I feel ostracized because someone is preaching politics in the pulpit, or they are so far right (wives, OBEY your husbands ... like servent obey) that I just kind of gave up.

    C

    ReplyDelete