Sunday, May 2, 2010

gosh, I thought I might be finished ranting...

not so much.

Everything at our new Church is going great. We're all set for our "birthday" to be on May 16th and keep growing all the time. YAY!

but here's where the ranting begins...

here's review

After I posted that Kat unfriended me and dd's best friend's mother on Facebook. This wasn't the first time she unfriended me on Facebook. She did it back when we did our Girl Scout troop's camping.

here's the camping story for you...
We planned a Family Camping trip for our troop. This means that each family gets to come camping with the troop and we plan family activities and such. I booked all the camp sites and we assigned sites when folks arrived. I decided to put Kat and her family on the other end from me because Kat decided that she didn't want to be near my dog (although every time she came over to my house she loved all over my dog...whatever!) Well camping turned out to be pretty much a disaster. Kat and another mom decided that they were too tired to parent their children...or that the behavior the kids were up to wasn't enough to deserve their input. I spent a lot of time making sure that no one got burned or wasted our supplies. note: only two folks brought any fire wood, one of those being me... so instead of using our evening campfire for cooking and smores we had to share our wood with everyone and just have smore fires.
Kat ended up driving home each night and didn't sleep at the camp ground at all...this was fine until the final morning when it was time for us to leave.
After being totally packed up and ready to go we called Kat (woke her up) and waited another hour before she finally showed up. Meanwhile we decided to help her out by packing up her camp for her. Kat brings everything and the kitchen sink when she camps! So when she finally arrived, we went over to help her load her car and she tears into us for treating her like a child... that lead to the first unfriending.

after about a month Kat decided that I was friend worthy again and friended me back.

So I haven't spoke to Kat since Sept after her last blow up about her daughter's birthday. Our daughters have spoke online via video chat and sent emails to each other. And that's fine. I decided that I couldn't trust Kat or her hormones to allow her to get that close to us again. As part of that I chose to block Kat on if she ever wanted to friend me again she wouldn't be able to.

Things went great for a long time until a mutual friend of ours posted a Facebook status that we had both responded to. I couldn't see what Kat wrote, she couldn't see what I wrote...but our friend mentioned both of us in a comment about it. So Kat knew I was out there. Later that day Kat sent me a message requesting that I friend her back on Facebook because she couldn't find me on there. I ignored the request, but let my co-workers for the homeschool group know that she had requested in case something happened. They suggested that I say something instead of just ignoring her. I chose to ignore her.

Then this past Wednesday we went to the park. Kat was there also. The girls all played and had a nice time...and we chatted with Kat who was very nice and if nothing had ever happened before. I was about to send Kat a message that I wanted us to remain friendly acquaintances because I keep getting her mad and I didn't want to do that again...but before I could do this she called.

She called me because her husband had taken her son for the weekend and she & her daughter were bored. They wanted to do something. I didn't answer the phone, I let the machine get it. I was busy cleaning the house and really need to get it done because I have to make room for MIL's furniture that is coming here. (yeah, yeah, I took a Facebook break too!) But seriously, I didn't have time to entertain. Kat called here two more times...she also called my daughter's best friend's mom. Bf's mom told her they were sick and didn't want to share germs...and I think my kid might have the same germs...she's been snuffling lately.

so now what?

Oh and one of her calls came right as DH was walking in the door. He HATES when I won't answer the phone (thinks it is rude...doesn't matter who is on the other end.) I didn't tell him who called, but just told him that I didn't want to speak to them. so now DH is disgruntled with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment